There are many benefits out there that are available to homeowners. Many of these benefits are in existence thanks to the lobbying efforts of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS. Some of these benefits that we are currently seeing, or have seen in the past are:
- Federal tax relief and homeowner incentive (Tax Relief Act of 1997)
- Mortgage interest rate deductions
- Lower real estate taxes
- Local tax benefits
- Low-income assistance programs
- Higher ceilings on federally insured loans for expensive markets
- Tax-free gains on primary residences, owner-occupied two out of five years – $500,00 for married couples, $250,000 for singles
- Protection from mortgage fraud and predatory lending
- Freedom of choice in real estate agent selection and type of representation
Why lead of with those facts, you might say? REALTORS main focus are their clients, and they keep their consumer interests at heart. So, when it comes to buying a home, a REALTOR is there for you.
A minimum of 85% of consumers use real estate agents for buying or selling homes. Buying or selling is one of the biggest financial challenges a consumer may face, there are several financial and legal risks that are attached to buying a property.