Choose the best answer – when I sell my home, I will: A. Choose a REALTOR who knocks on my door. B. Choose a REALTOR with the most documented results and benefits for my needs.
It may sound ridiculous, but over 50% of all homeowners allow the first REALTOR they meet to talk them into selling their home. I know your home is your biggest single investment in life. When you sell, you want top dollar with least amount of hassles. The agent knocking at your door may not be able to offer you an organized system of programs and marketing services to achieve the goal of furthering your financial future.
The next time a real estate agent solicits you for your business, use these easy seven-point checklist to “spot check” the programs they should have in place for you:
- Does the agent guarantee his service or allow you to cancel the listing contract at any time?
- Does the agent have a multifaceted marketing plan for the sale of your home?
- Does the agent have a formal method for collecting pre-qualified buyers for your home?
- Does the agent send out “Just Listed,” and “Just Sold” Questionnaires?
- Does the agent sit at old-fashioned open houses, claiming it’s a way to attract fifty buyers through your home in just fifteen minutes!
- How long has the agent been selling real estate? How many properties did he/she sell last year?
Your home may be your largest single investment. Be sure it’s in the hands of the agent who provides more specific programs and special services than any other.