1. Your payment history
2. How much you owe
3. The length of your credit history
4. How much new credit you have
5. The types of credit you use
There are four factors to selling your home, even in this market! These five factors are:
2. Condition of your home
3. Terms of the sale
4. Asking price
Three of these four factors you can control! The only one out of your control is the location.
The location of your home does impact the value of your home. Homes located on quiet streets or cul-de-sacs have more location value than homes located on busier streets.
Other factors affecting the value of your home due to its location are:
• Mountain views
• City views
• What backs up to your property
These items give an idea of the typical factors that affect the location value. These are factors, again, that you have no control over, but play a major role in the value of the home.
But, never underestimate the important of having your home looking at its best. Having your home appeal to the buyers is very important.
1. First impressions are very important: Curb appeal and front entrance
2. Kitchen and bathrooms are important rooms: Keep clean and uncluttered
3. Flooring should be clean and deodorized
4. Paint – its is the highest return improvement investment one can make and the most inexpensive compared to other home improvement remedies
Last but not least, the terms of the sale is important to the marketing of your home as well. The possession date, financing options, and contingencies are all examples of the terms of sale. The more flexible, the easier the transaction. You can use flexibility in terms to negotiating a higher selling price. It is important to consider all aspects of the offer to purchase before making any decisions.