I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything new for you, my readers, and I apologize for this. My family and I were blessed with a new baby girl at the end of last month and I have been focusing all of my attention on her. This year I am hoping to do a better job of posting new material at least once a week. My first post for this year though is not going to be Shasta County real estate new or information; in fact, what I am about to post I feel is very important for every female to keep in mind out there in the world. So please read the following information and pass it on to any loved ones you may feel should know this information as well. This was emailed to me by my broker just yesterday and the true source of who wrote it is unknown to me, but I would like to thank them for sharing this.
Written By a Cop, It Could Save Your Life
In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation…This is for you and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.
- Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
- if a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO THEM. Toss it away from you…Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
- If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick our the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy…The driver won’t see you, but everybody will. This has saved lives.
- Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their chequebook, or making a list, etc.) DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE…If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
- A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage: (A) Be aware: Look around you, look into your car, at the passenger floor, and in the back seat. (B) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their van while the women are attempting to get into their cars. (C) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side…If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAGE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead)
- ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!
- If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zig-zag pattern!
- As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
- Another Safety Point: Someone heard a crying baby on her porch one night, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird…The police told her ‘Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door…’ The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said ‘We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do DO NOT open the door.’ He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped of a baby…He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
- Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full ball so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors! The Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on America’s Most Wanted when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.